How Many Travel Days For PCS From Conus to Oconus?

How Many Travel Days For PCS From Conus to Oconus?

Taking a circuitous route to reach your PDS is referred to as “circuitous travel,” and is essentially a more scenic, more expensive route than a direct flight. When planning your trip, be sure to factor in time for travel as well as taxable entitlements and reimbursable expenses. This article will cover the basics of circuitous travel.

Taking extra 10 days of leave

As a member of the military, you are entitled to take an additional 10 days of leave (TLE) when PCSing from a CONUS base to another one in the CONUS. You can use your TLE either at the new duty station or the duty station you’re leaving behind. You can also split your TLE between the two, provided the balance is zero. The only catch is that you can’t split your TLE until after you’ve moved to the new duty station.

If you’re planning on traveling to your new duty station, you can take a 10-day leave for house hunting. It isn’t paid leave, and is only available to military members who won’t be living in the barracks or dorms when they arrive at their new assignment. During this time, you can set up resources and go through household goods, as well as meet your spouse for the first time.

Circuitous travel

When performing a PCS from Conus to Oconus, military members are entitled to take the scenic route to their destination. Unlike other travel arrangements, this is not limited to commercial air travel. It also applies to travel with dependents who can make their own arrangements. Circuitous travel is the best way to save money on airfare while still getting to and from work. Fortunately, it is also a legal way to spend your vacation.

Reimbursable expenses

If you’re traveling from Conus to Oconus, you’ll be eligible to claim your actual travel expenses, provided you have the necessary documentation to back up your claims. These expenses may be categorized as per diem or actual expenses, depending on the type of reimbursement you’re seeking. Meals and lodging costs will be reimbursed on a per diem basis. You must submit your lodging receipts in advance.

Per diem is a flat rate that covers meals and lodging for a certain number of days. The rate is based on the place you’re staying, and it’s based on the per diem rates for military installations. If your travel is on a US military base, you’ll be reimbursed according to the DOD’s military installations rates. If you’re staying at a hotel with meal services provided by the host, you’ll need to claim a prorated meal per diem.

You’ll need a receipt for any transportation costs, including the cost of air fare. You can request a TLA from Disbursing if you’re traveling to OCONUS from CONUS. If you’re not planning to leave your PDS until your move is complete, you can use your old PDS as a temporary lodging until your departure from OCONUS.

When it comes to travel, you may want to make use of your personal vehicle. If you’re traveling for business purposes, you should get a receipt. If you’re traveling for pleasure, use an Uber, but keep in mind that you’re not guaranteed to be safe. You must provide proof of all expenses, including gas and insurance. And remember, your mileage log will be your best friend.

You may also be eligible to claim a TLE for accommodations while traveling. You may also use your TLE for lodging in the CONUS if you’re associated with a PCS move. However, you can only claim a TLE if the travel is within the vicinity of your old PDS. Make sure you fill out a Fly America Act Waiver Checklist and attach it to the SAP Concur report. Otherwise, you will not be eligible for TLE for these types of trips.

Taxable entitlements

Per diem rates are generally used to reimburse employees for meals and lodging while on U.S. travel. In some cases, travelers may be able to claim actual expenses for meals and lodging while on U.S. travel, as long as they retain receipts. In some cases, however, a per diem rate will be more appropriate. If you need to claim meals and lodging on an actual basis, you should follow all of the guidelines outlined in SAP Concur.

Per diem rates are determined based on the location of lodging and certain incidentals during OCONUS travel. Generally, the lodging rate will depend on the location of lodging, while the meals and incidentals expense rates will be based on DOD rates for military installations. When meals are provided by your host, you must claim a prorated per diem rate. In some cases, you may be able to qualify for a higher rate based on the number of meals provided by your host.

Podobne tematy

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *